Hello dear TPC members!
And it begins! We welcome the new members to our clubs and we hope everyone will be able to join in our events throughout this year.
Our executive team will be working super hard to ensure we have great and amazing events for you to attend.
So stay tuned!
If you haven't already, join our facebook group and be part of our e-mailing list!
I am going to present to you the various opportunities you can take part in as of right now!
1. U of T Student Photographer Needed – School of the Environment
Under the supervision of the Director’s & Communications Assistant, the student photographer will be responsible for photography needs at events and workshops organized by the School of the Environment from October to December, 2012 as contracted, with possibility of renewal to May or June, 2013.
The student will be responsible for taking photographs using his/her own SLR digital camera at events, as assigned and instructed in advance by the Director’s & Communications Assistant. Events include the weekly Environment Seminar Series held Wednesdays 4 to 6 pm (with some exceptions) from October to November and January to April, and both this series and the Environment and Health Seminar Series (Thursdays 4 to 6 pm) from January to April. Day long workshops and events will only require 1-2 hours of attendance, as assigned. The student will be paid for the time spent at each assigned event and the time required to upload photos to a USB key or CD to give to the Director’s & Communications Assistant.
- interest and skill in photography, especially in indoor conditions; a portfolio of work is required (preferably from indoor events and/or seminars).
- enrolled in undergraduate environmental program; preferred, but not required.
- own SLR digital camera and computer (required to upload photos)
- during Fall 2012 term: available primarily two hours per week on Wednesdays, 4-6 pm, some Thursdays, 4- 6 pm, and other times as assigned (one-two hours during the day). Some weeks (approximately once per month) may require approximately 2-6 hours/week.
- ability to work independently, with good interpersonal and communication skills, tact, and good judgment.
Contacted as needed, from October to December, 2012 with possibility of renewal to May or June, 2013.
$15.00 per hour (take photos at event, upload photos to computer and USB key)
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and sample photographs to email@example.com. Maximum size per message cannot exceed 10 MB; please send high resolution photos each separately.
Deadline: September 24, 2012
2. The Experience Canadian Heritage River photo contest has contacted us and wants YOU to participate!
More information can be found here:
3. University of Toronto International Environmental Studio, and we promote environmental awareness through different types of media. We will be showcasing environmental art, documentaries, graphic design, and other forms of media by students from all over Toronto. We were wondering if you would like to collaborate with our club to exhibit any environmental photography that has been created by your members.
4. Lastly, TCAA, Trinity College Athletic Association is interested in asking for photographers. They are looking for several photographers to take part in photographing their athletic events. Your works will be posted on their website/facebook etc and be featured in the athletic banquet. If you're interested as being a dedicated athletic photographer for this school term, don't hesitate! Let me know and email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: TCAA photographer interest. Include your most active email & phone number & availability for this term.
We hope to see you around!
TPC Team 2012-2013